We need you to be a part of DIY TV 2014!
The premise is simple. Send in your videos and we’ll play them.
DIY TV is a place where you can show Australia what you’ve got – show off your passion, show off your skills or just show off! Short films, animations, music clips, docos – whatever takes your fancy. You might be a student, a professional or a beginner, it doesn’t matter here. To see your show on Aurora check out the info below!
Entry is easy, just follow the Top 10 Tips below and send your show to: DIY TV Aurora Community Channel PO Box 638 Ultimo NSW 2007
Top 10 Tips
1. Send in your show on USB or data dv – with files in .mp4 or .mov format.
2. Fill in a Program Supply Agreement (PSA ) and send in with your tape. Unfortunately tapes without a filled-in PSA cannot be accepted. The PSA affirms that you are the producer of the program and have all the necessary licences in place for airing on National Television. If you are not the Producer of the show, then you will need to get the program Producer to fill in the PSA. Program Suppliers under 18 will need a parent or guardian to fill in the PSA.
3. Shows can be up to 25 minutes in length – anything loger contact our Programming team.
4. Get credit for your talent. Put credits on at the beginning or end of the program with your name, the name of the show and the names of any one else who took part in the production.
5. Be heard. Make sure that the sound is of the best quality possible and in stereo.
6. Music, do you have copyright? If you use music in your program you will be required to fill in a APRA/AMCOS cue sheet, to affirm that you have all the relevant clearances. To say it simply, if it is or ever has been played on the radio, then it has copyright, which means you have to pay a fee. People using their own music would not need to pay for copyright, just fill in the APRA/AMCOS cue sheet and submit with your tape, listing yourself as composer. If you need music, maybe try one of the many websites listing royalty free music. You will still need to submit a APRA/AMCOS cue sheet with your show
7. If this is your master – DON’T SEND – only send us a copy as we will be unable to return
8. Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Entries open all year.
10. Most important – Have Fun!