Aurora donates air time at Christmas to support charities
‘12 Days of Giving’
12 December, 2014: Aurora, Australia’s leading not-for-profit subscription community TV channel, is once again donating free air time this Christmas as part of their annual initiative ’12 days of Giving’. The campaign promotes the work of 12 Australian charities in the lead up to Christmas.
Between December 13th to 24th Aurora will feature Community Service Announcements (CSAs) for a different charity each day. On the 25th, Aurora will dedicate the entire day to CSAs from a variety of Australian charities.
Aurora CEO Phyllisse Stanton said, “As a community channel, we love bringing recognition to other organisations that are doing great work in their corner of the world. Our 12 Days of Giving campaign is a nice way for us to give something back, and to raise awareness for a range of great causes.”
Some of the charities include Alzheimer’s Australia, Vinnies, Oxfam, World Vision and Animals Australia, as well as smaller organisations such as Taralye and Resthaven.
Stanton said: “For the smaller organisations that don’t have the budget for TV advertising, the 12 Days of Giving is a rare chance to spread the word to a larger audience. We hope that this campaign will help them raise the awareness and funds they need to continue to help the most vulnerable members of Australian society.”
In addition to the featured 12 charities, Aurora is inviting other organisations to submit their CSAs to be part of the special Christmas Day line-up. Charities can also submit CSAs to be aired during the New Year period.
“We think it’s important to get involved in the Christmas spirit and celebrate this special time of year, and helping charities is a big part of that for Aurora,” said Ms Stanton.
For more information, or to add your CSA to Aurora’s Christmas line-up, please email email@example.com.
12 Days of Giving CSA Schedule:
12. Saturday 13 Dec: Alzheimer’s Australia http://fightdementia.org.au/
11. Sunday 14Dec: Taralye http://www.taralye.vic.edu.au/
10. Monday 15Dec: GI Cancer Institute http://gicancer.org.au/
9. Tuesday 16Dec: Asthma Australia http://www.asthmaaustralia.org.au/
8. Wednesday 17 Dec: Vinnies http://www.vinnies.org.au
7. Thursday 18Dec: Animal Management in Rural and Remote Indigenous Communities (AMRRIC) http://www.amrric.org/
6. Friday 19Dec: Oxfam http://www.oxfam.org.au/
5. Saturday 20Dec: Cancer Council Victoria http://www.cancervic.org.au/
4. Sunday 21 Dec: Resthaven http://www.resthaven.asn.au/
3. Monday 22Dec: World Vision http://worldvision.com.au/
2. Tuesday 23Dec: Animals Australia http://www.animalsaustralia.org/
1. Wednesday 24Dec: Sunnyfield http://www.sunnyfield.org.au/